Semarang – Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Diponegoro akan menyelenggarakan summer course dengan topik “Manajemen Perawatan Luka: Mengintegrasikan Best-Praktik di Indonesia” pada tanggal 15 Agustus – 9 September 2022 (4 minggu).
Kursus ini gratis untuk mahasiswa dari Indonesia dan luar negeri. Informasi lebih lanjut tentang kursus ini dapat dibaca pada bagian berikut ini.
WOUND CARE MANAGEMENT: INTEGRATING BEST-PRACTICE IN INDONESIA
Toward the Sustainable Development Goals
This course is an online program hosted by Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Diponegoro for students involving nurses, physicians, dietitians, and pharmacists that combines the most current best practice and trends in wound care. Wound management is a pervasive challenge for healthcare professionals as risk factors for both acute and chronic wounds prevail in the population. Planning for prevention and care requires a basic understanding in the principles of wound management and best clinical practice. In order to address the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the development of wound care management is now involving alternative treatments and a multidisciplinary approach. This course uses online learning management system (MOOCs) platform with some scheduled online meetings with lecturers.
|Course Period||August 15th – September 9th , 2022 (4 weeks)|
|Type||Self-paced with some scheduled synchronous meetings (10 days)|
|Allocated Time||99 learning hours (50 minutes/hour)|
|Credit||3.54 credits equivalent to 2.37 ECTS|
|Platform||MOOC (Massive Online Open Course)|
|Registration||June 21th – August 15th 2022|
After completing this online course, participants should be able to get informed with the current standards of care according to the best practice in wound management.
- Explain the basic anatomy and physiology of skin and soft tissue and internal and external factors that affect wound healing.
- Describe the phases of wound healing and moisture balance in wound care.
- Identify wound characteristics for accurate wound assessment
- Identify signs and symptoms of wound infection and interventions for treating infection.
- Explain the basic principles of wound bed preparation.
- Determine the most effective method of wound cleansing that optimize the healing environment.
- Describe the techniques involved in performing wound debridement as the indications and contraindications.
- Determine the dressing options based on wound assessment, etiology, indications, and contraindications for use of the range of wound care products.
- Identify the major components of nutrition for optimizing wound healing.
- Discuss adjunctive treatment modalities that enhance wound healing including traditional-based modalities and technology-based modalities.
- Discuss current multidisciplinary care approaches to wound care.
Course participants should dedicate their time at least 5 hours per day (5 days/week, a total of 20 days in 1 month) to follow and study course materials provided on MOOCs. Although it is self-paced, we expect the participants to finish the course materials at the end of the course period. Scheduled synchronous lectures with interactive sessions will be conducted for 2 weeks (10 days) to provide an opportunity for the participants to discuss with the lecturers and to interact with other participants.
This course is designed for undergraduate, and post graduate students from nursing, medical science, nutrition, and pharmacy. Any other health science students are welcome to join.
Please submit scanned passport and student card during the registration process.
Please register here.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Basic of wound healing and moist wound healing
- Wound assessment
- The wound infection continuum
- Wound bed preparation
- Wound hygiene and cleansing
- Debridement and wound
- Wound dressing selection
- Nutrition and wound healing
- Alternative treatment for wound
- Multidisciplinary collaboration in wound care
- Interactive Session
A certificate which mentioned the credits being earned in this course will be provided at the end of the course, when participants have completed joining course materials and pre/post-tests.
For further information, please contact:
Office of International Affairs, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Diponegoro.
Related link: www.fk.undip.ac.id